Friday, September 2, 2011

Prologue

Here I sit at my computer at 4:34 am. I have slept about 3 hours in the last 36 and it is beginning to make me a little wild, yes just a little bit wild. I shaved my beard a few hours ago in preparation of the grand expedition I am to set out upon.

The expedition will be a cross-the-country tour by a travelling band called simply STRFKR. They are 5 young men who have many many instruments and doo-dads which they use to create a vibration that makes many people feel a need to shake their booties.

What is my role in this undertaking you ask? Which part does Chance Jackson have to play in this fellowship? Only time will tell but as the fortune cookie which I shall soon post upon my bunk bed ceiling reads: "Happiness is a direction, not a destination."

We shall be setting out for Vancouver, Canada in 3 hours time. Our caravan is a magnificent fire engine red beast of a converted airport shuttle bus, with 9 bunk beds and carpet. But alas my love, there is no air conditioning.

I will write as I can and tell you of the Adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment