Monday, September 5, 2011

Keil gets hurt and chance acts a creep

Greetings from the road, I am fresh off driving duty and resting snugly in my top bunk-coffin as we finish up the last bit of Boise to Salt Lake city! But let us begin where last I left you: in the Seattle radio station. The band finished and I hopped on stage to begin "breaking down" when a person came and told me we had 25 minutes to load into some truck to get our stuff to the festival stage! We made it eventually but not quite that fast.

The bumbershoot festival was alright, not too much in the way of free beer but I was able to see some friends, which was super nice! After the show we all went to a bar, which I constantly insisted be a karaoke bar and despite several attempts to make it not a karaoke bar, it eventually became one. I did family affair and a duet with Cristina of 2 become 1. Keil, the starfuck drummer and my best homie did suffragette city while apologizing profusely. And Ian the 6 foot 3 blond guitarist starfuck did an amazing rendition of that song Crying. The dude can break it down.

Anyways I ended up going home with Cristina and Phillipe and was able to shower which was real nice. They also packed me up with some Oreos, peanuts, chocolate, and an orange. Good road snacks.

Next up we hit Boise, Idaho. We were extremely late and had to bust it to get all the gear inside, it was kinda fun though to be doing it with all the audience already there, instead of doing it while it's empty. At least for me anyway.

The venue is called the reef and it is a tiki bar. It was full of mostly dorks and a few cute babes. I sold a bit of merchandise and was chastised by some guy for us being late! Ha! I had sone whiskey and beer and was ready for a fine night of partying but as the show ended Keil rushed off and we learned that he went to the hosital because his cracked ribs were becoming too painful from his killing of the drums.

Don't worry folks, Keil will be okay. He got some drugs and we are going to have him take it a bit easier on those drums. Those of us left behind after the hospital trip and not sharing a private hotel room (Shawn the bassist starfuck and his lady Laura) all went to pita pit for some late night grub. We discussed the fact that our attempt (mostly mine) at having a big afterparty had failed, and then things got a little weird.

You see, across the street was a couple clearly in the middle of a fight. The man, a real bro-ham type, was starting to walk away from his bro-lady and so I yelled a thing or two about how she should come hang with us on our side of the street. Pretty soon what do you know but Mr. Ham and Hamette come walking over real quick yelling about minding our own business. It was a real agro situation.

Of course all five of us big strong men begin apologizing like crazy, just a cacophony of high pitch apologies. Real quick and fluidly Ian and I begin to act like boyfriends and soon enough all of us are playing the gay card. Instantly the husband doesn't know what to do and just kinda freezes up and let's his wife do the talking. She keeps repeating over and over that she has nothing against our kind and we all became sorta friends. I even kissed her on the lips. Twice. And grabbed her butt a little.

Next up is the SLC! What is the next exciting adventures for me and the starfucks?

No comments:

Post a Comment