Saturday, September 3, 2011

Canadia and Seattle

Here I sit, in a Seattle radio station recording studio. The starfucks are setting up their equipment with a tight deadline before the drove of teeny boppers roll in and fill the empty benches around me.

I am feeling pretty good. Finally was able to get to my oral hygiene routine: brush scrape floss. I also changed socks and undies but the rest of my clothes shall have to last another day if my program of only doing laundry once all tour is to be.

I plan to meet a fine lady some evening at a show and ask her in my sultriest voice if she has a washer and dryer. I will keep you all updates on my progress in that endeavor.

So yesterday was the start of this tour, I didn't sleep at all before hand so I actually ended up sleeping 6 and a half of the 7 hour drive to Canada. Our tour bus is a converted airport shuttle bus, and I sleep in one of the nine bunk beds. Mine is the top level and it's a bit like a coffin. I enjoy it.

We got held over by border patrol because one of the starfucks has an unconvicted DUI. Don't worry, he isn't driving. Actually because I slept all day I was given post show driving duties, which meant no drinking for me! I still had fun though.

Carrying gear and setting up the merch booth was a bit of hard work, but all in all I am having fun. When we crossed the border back into America I was at the helm of our bus while the rest of the band was high or drunk or sleeping. Everyone was thankful for my sweet talking of the lady border guard who let us through without having to get out of the vehicle, which is the normal procedure.

So far in Seattle all we have done is roll in and grab some snacks, I dined on my favorite sandwich this side of capriottis: the ragin Cajun at other coast. I got to see Cristina and Phillipe but only for a brief second. I shall report on tonight's misadventures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment