Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hello from my homeland, Denver, Colorado.

It has been a taxing last 24 hours. Once again I write from an automotive shop. I have become the bands go to errand boy and now I am getting some tests run and possibly a new starter for the Man Bus.

Last night was the urban lounge in salt lake city which was altogether unremarkable with the exception of the sound being awful and my company being wonderful. Rachel, my friend of nearly a decade helped me man the merchant table and many a record and T shirt.

On the drive hot my homeland I slept a wink or two and woke at dawn to keep Alex, our amazing one man opening band (alexico), company while he drove and then we traded off and I drive before the rest of the crew woke up. We talked about life and death, love and sex, and quite a bit about music. I felt very inspired by our talks and when my driving shift ended I penned some lyrics for a song my roommate wrote for me. I can't wait to play my first show, if I can get back to bluebird theater soon enough I may learn a few of alex's songs and begin my live music career in the state I was born. For now I shall read some Game of Thrones and hope traffic isn't as bad on the way back to the venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment