Friday, September 9, 2011

Hello from the side of the road! Quite a bit has occured. First off I had a tasty taco lunch in Denver and connected with my people. The theater that hosted us in Colorado was the nicest yet. The show went well and I had a lot of fun at the merch booth while kinda drunk. I also traded shirts several times.

First I realized there was only one small grey shirt and I wanted it so I traded, then I remembered my 1987 Denver broncos championship shirt must get play in Denver so I traded out again. Then I rethought about it and decided someone in the band should wear it so I gave it to Ian, apparently he was heavily cheered but also his fanhood was questioned. After giving up my orange and blue I put on an xs pink Alexico shirt to try to sell more of his stuff, and immediately a lady wanted it. But she wanted the one I had on. I told her we could trade so she gave me her black silk blouse which she eventually demanded I return.

Anyway after the show we snacked out at a diner with photos of various broncos who had rolled through including number 7 himself. From there we went to pick up Alex from the house of the girl who traded me for the blouse. It was looking like someone other than Josh was finally going to get some play on tour but she ended up just making him walk to her boyfriends house for 40 minutes but kept saying it was 2 more blocks away.

I was pretty tired but I drove for 4 hours after that across a few states into Kansas. I pulled over an hour after dawn which was amazing to see. I went to bed then and when I woke up we were at our sound guy Mike's house in Kansas city. We all had a shower, played some wii, went grocery shopping, and went for frozen custard which was a big hit amongst the starfucks.

I spent most of the night learning the bass line in a song of alexico's, which I will hopefully play soon. Maybe Atlanta. Definitely other tonight in Nashville. Why you ask? Because we will never make it there in time for alexi o the opening band to play. Why you ask? Because our bus just got in a crazy accident while driving through St Louis.

You see, it was raining pretty hard and it had not rained in 94 days. Some car in front of us slammed on their brakes and when our bus did the same our trailer came around the right side and hit some truck which caused it to do a 360. We slammed around a bit but somehow the damage was minimal to all parties and no one was hurt.

We all feel like it was a warning from God. A message from the big guy about life and death. Taking it slow or just speeding down the highway. I definitely feel like it would be nice to meet some ladies on tour but if i just end up hanging with this crew i will be okay with it. I feel happy to be where I am: in this bunk bed-coffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment